3/12/2008

Never Judge a Flick By It's Trailer: Redbelt



WHY I'M INTERESTED:
Mamet does sports. Fighting sports, no less. How has this not happened yet? And why did it surprise me at first that he would be a fan of mixed martial arts? My favorite writer, hands down, and one of my favorite directors as well. He shits gold. Great to see Mantegna rejoining the Mamet fold. He has appeared in three separate Mamet-written productions (The Water Engine, Lakeboat, and Edmond) but has not technically been on screen under Mamet's own direction since Homicide in 1991. Perhaps they mutually agreed on this, as Mantegna was the lead in Mamet's first three films (with House of Games and Things Change.) Also, Tim Allen. Yes, Tim Allen. Lest we forget what Mamet has done with Ed O'Neill on multiple occasions.

PREDICTION:
His best thing since "Heist" and maybe my favorite movie of the year.

RELEASE DATE: 5/2

No comments: